Friday, March 19, 2010

ON THE CONTRARY.......

It struck my mind only when one friend( obviously a male , you will know why as you read).....texted me on eighth of a march..... " We celebrated Women's day here...I loved it but temme why only women get to have a full day to themselves whereas we dont?" Later in the same message he accepted that men are not nice enough for the previlege.....

Well recently when i heard about the 33% reservation for women in the House of Parliament, I felt overwhelmed at the thought of it and now .... i think id go for it now that my chances at this have increased to 33%!!!!!!!!!!

Being a commoner throughout my life, without any special skills except imitating pigs ;)....I HATE RESERVATIONS but this post isnt doing anything to make male chauvanists feel better.... Hereby I want to acknowledge that all the "breadwinners".....have some problems in their genetic makeup which naturally tries to make them " I am smarter, I know it all, specially what you dont".....
sorry to all the decent guys in my life , but this is what you should avoid, please :)

" oh girls cant drive"
or
" you dont know what life really is"
or
" i can repair our car, our geyser, the leaking taps of our home"
or
" you going alone? so late at night?"
or
"stay away from that person"

All i mean is we can really figure out the answer as equals if we dont think what gender we belong to whenever some kind of problem arises..... You shouldnt make things so apparant that we( i m the girls party) feel like vulnerable because we aint most of times and when we are, we would love to take your help and also because our society is already quite confused with girls who behave like boys, boys who behave like girls, homosexuals , boyish boys and girly girls.... wonder whos next, half and half???

However on the contrary we love it when guys open the car's door, or put up with our luggage while travelling, remember all those crazy roads most of the girls never seem to remember or simply telling us," we will be proud to be related to you when you become an MLA :)"

so basically the society needs people who have mutual respect for each other ............. and the resevation is a good step to help make us equal....I just wish there comes a stream where we have quotas for males, home science anyone??? :p

4 comments:

  1. Awesome is an understatement. I want every guy I have EVER known and every guy I'm EVER going to know, to read this post.

    I'm so grateful that God made you my sister, by God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aweeeeeeeee sooo shweet of you :-)

    ReplyDelete